Purpose of the Job: To work collaboratively with the Program team to ensure the successful delivery of the assigned program(s) that reflect the goals and mission of our organization
and ultimately inspire all of our girls to be Strong, Smart, and Bold.
- Collaborate with the Program Director to create, facilitate, and implement programs, based on the sessions pre-determined theme.
- Create a safe, fun, hands-on, minds-on environment for all girls to learn, utilizing Girls Inc.’s national program materials in planning empowering and developmentally appropriate programs based on the theme of the session.
- Serve as a positive role model for girls. Communicate appropriately and professionally in the spirit of Girls Inc.’s mission. Demonstrate respectful communication, healthy relationships, and positive leadership at all times.
- Communicate with parents/guardians and family members as needed, informing them of girls’ achievements and challenges as they are presented.
- Provides feedback to Program Director regarding program’s effectiveness, participation, and outcomes.
- Communicates and coordinates activities with other staff as needed.
- Ensure overall safety, cleanliness and functioning of Girls Inc.'s facilities, including support for some/all of the following:
- Ensuring designated program space is clean and organized, and prepared for the girl’s arrival.
- Ensure working condition, safety, and integrity of Girls Inc.'s computers and technology.
- Daily preparation of the work space, and completion of clean-up following activities.
GIRLS INC. PROFESSIONALISM
- Participate in periodic assessment of own performance, develops own goals and objectives. Take advantage of training and other developmental and professional growth opportunities.
- Participate in all staff and team meetings to share ideas and concerns, and works collaboratively with staff to insure agency goals and objectives are met.
- Any and all duties as assigned by the Program Director and others as directed Executive Director.
- Entering post-secondary school and/or on- year direct experience working with children post High School.
- Some experience working with children.
- Some experience facilitating and/or lesson planning.