The camp experience begins for girls entering kindergarten all the way through the teenage years. Activities are designed to spark their interests, build on their skills, help them to explore a world of possibilities, be confident and most importantly have fun!
Campers will participate in exciting daily games and activities, focused on the weekly theme that is appropriate for their age level. Each Unit will participate in hands-on activities, swim time with lessons, interactive games, specialty stations and more.
Arts and Crafts
Campers will get to be creative through guided arts and crafts projects that express the theme/message of the day or week. This specialty station will bring a world full of creativity, imagination, art appreciation, and more.
Mindy and Body
Campers will get active, play games, and learn techniques to help reduce stress and live a healthy active lifestyle! Participation in the station will work on the following skills:
- cooperative and competitive spirit
- interest in adventure
- health awareness (physical, mental and nutritional)
All Things STEM
Campers will participate in hands on, minds on STEM activities! Oh the things they will discover and create in this station! They will develop enthusiasm and skills in the following areas:
When is Camp Held?
Camp hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. We offer extended morning (7:30AM) and afternoon care (till 5:30PM) for an additional fee.
What Are the Fees?
Camp fees are as follows:
- Camp: $150.00 per week
- Morning care: an additional $35 per week
- Afternoon care: an additional $55 per week
Discount of $10 if you register for camp +AM and PM care.
We accept Care 4 Kids during the summer, we participate in the Summer Campership Program, and can provide a sliding scale fee for those who qualify for financial assistance.
How Do I Register?
Can register online, click here , in-person or call us at 203-235-7146 to register anywhere from one week to the entire summer! A deposit of one week plus membership is due at the time of registration. Once registered, we can set up an automatic payment plan for your convenience.
To view this year summer camp weeks and pricing click here.
All campers are required to have a current physical on file that has taken place within the past 3 years. Camp physical form click here. View the camp policy for administration of medicine , Medication Authorization form click here.
Purpose of the Job: To work collaboratively with the Summer Camp team to ensure the successful delivery of the seasonal program that reflect the goals and mission of our organization
and ultimately inspire all of our girls to be Strong, Smart, and Bold.
- Collaborate with the Program Director to create, facilitate, and implement programs, based on the pre-determined theme.
- Create a safe, fun, hands-on, minds-on environment for all girls to learn, utilizing Girls Inc.’s national program materials in planning empowering and developmentally appropriate programs based on the theme of the session.
- Serve as a positive role model for girls. Communicate appropriately and professionally in the spirit of Girls Inc.’s mission. Demonstrate respectful communication, healthy relationships, and positive leadership at all times.
- Communicate with parents/guardians and family members as needed, informing them of girls’ achievements and challenges as they are presented.
- Provides feedback to Program Director regarding program’s effectiveness, participation, and outcomes.
- Communicates and coordinates activities with other staff as needed.
- Ensure overall safety, cleanliness and functioning of Girls Inc.'s facilities, including support for some/all of the following:
- Ensuring designated program space is clean and organized, and prepared for the girl’s arrival.
- Ensure working condition, safety, and integrity of Girls Inc.'s computers and technology.
- Daily preparation of the work space, and completion of clean-up following activities.
GIRLS INC. PROFESSIONALISM
- Participate in periodic assessment of own performance, develops own goals and objectives. Take advantage of training and other developmental and professional growth opportunities.
- Participate in all staff and team meetings to share ideas and concerns, and works collaboratively with staff to insure agency goals and objectives are met.
- Any and all duties as assigned by the Program Director and others as directed Executive Director.
- Entering post-secondary school and/or on- year direct experience working with children post High School.
- Some experience working with children.
- Some experience facilitating and/or lesson planning.
Click to download for printing the Employment/Job Application.